As I sit here in my footie pajamas eating a bowl of ice cream (since New Year’s resolutions officially started a half hour ago), I decided to follow in my fellow friend/blogger’s footsteps by highlighting just sixteen more-than-great things from this year:
- Keeping up with this blog- knowing that I’ve kept up with something that though may not be as important to others, but important to me, makes me glad about all the effort I have put in and is fun way to recount all the adventures I have had.
- Living in the PNW- this summer I got to explore and go on a few hikes that really made me realize how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place.
3. Making it to my last quarter of college- in just 10 weeks, I will be FINISHED with college! Now I just have to make to through and enjoy the ride until the start of the next big chapter!
4. God’s goodness- every single day, in every single moment, failure or success, stress or bless, God continues to provide and overwhelms me with his love.
5. Eating good food- once a foodie, always a foodie.
6. Our (my parent’s) new house- even though it was hectic and exhausting moving in, I am thankful that we are all settled in and that it now feels like home for everyone.
7. Being home for the summer- there is really no place like home and it was exactly where I needed to be even when I didn’t know it.
8. Studying abroad- If you all didn’t know, I’ve been in Italy (or somewhere on that side of the world) for the last four months having the best time of my life. Proof: about the last dozen posts on this blog and this video.
9. Traveling- Nine countries in one year? Not too bad I’d say, though that’s just nine less countries I have yet to travel to..
10. Making new friendships- I could write a hundred blogs about all the amazing relationships I made this year and I cannot express in words how grateful I am for the friends I have and hope to have for a long, long time.
11. Growing as a person- looking back to where I was this time last year blows my mind as I think how much I have changed since then and I only hope to continue growing and changing in the year to come.
12. My family’s support and love- after traveling and meeting people all over from different families, it makes that much more grateful for the amazing family I have. Love ya’ll!
13. Being an aunt- this year I really got to spend quality time with my nieces and nephews and each moment with them, as they grow, learn and laugh alongside me, only keeps getting better.
14. I finally turned 21- now I can finally do something past 9 o’clock in Seattle! yay for being “grown-up”.
15. My (and my family’s) health and safety- praise God!
16. My camera- okay so I got my camera freshman year, but I just figured out how to record video so that’s exciting. And for all the pictures (and multiple retakes), here are just a few of the pictures and most importantly people, that made this year worth much more than a thousand words…